Monday, February 20, 2012

Graphic 45 Design Team 2012 Audition

Hey everyone. It is a new year and I am heading for new adventures. I have started tons mini albums and altered items but I have yet to really make a post about them as I am a card lady. I love making cards and I have tried to make CAS cards but I love intricate and detailed cards. I do love CAS I just find them harder to do. I love a good sketch and I am one for Magnolia images and Krista Smith's saturated Canaries. 
Coloring has become a passion and I can remember when I was little and I use to get so frustrated because I could not color like my mom. Well it's been about a year and I color better than my mother. She still has me beat as she can sew, make journals, ribbon roses, and create databases for Verizon lol. 
So I thought why not audition for Graphic 45. I love their papers but have not had a chance to implement them into my other projects. So here are some items I have been making since Christmas kind of. My inspiration comes from all over as I saw so many new things and sneak peeks for items to come out this year. I must say CHA was my biggest inspiration as I had never heard of it and to think I lived less than 45 minutes outside of Anaheim for that 7 years of my life minus the one year here in South Carolina.

So let's get started.

I must say I draw inspiration from this card as it was really my real first card ever. My coloring capabilities have since this got a lot better!

This was my try at coloring with distress inks for the red and green parts. It was my first card that I was picked for as a spotlight card by a whole design team by vote! Thanks Sweet Stampin'.


 This was my first try at coloring shadows with the t's. I also love the tones of the papers.





It was my first try at cracked ice technique, first at a center side step, and my first time at a curved frame. I love the papers. This card was already shown so I made a second card similar to this one that ended up being my first published piece. 



This is a more recent card I made. I love the overall look even though it is simple. Once again some of my favorite colors the rich tones are just so nice. I love my crinkle seam binding ribbon. I am trying hard to not hoard it but .... well I am trying honest lol.

Some cards I made out of just paper and ribbon. I used only one 6 x 6 pad  and coordinating plain cardstock. I really loved this paper pad. I think I will use the rest to make another mini envelope album. 







I gave myself a go at altering a picture frame I had my in things to alter drawn. I drew inspiration from 
Scrapgirl Angie (again Happy Birthday!!!!). I still have a jewelry box or two to finish and a photo cube! I have several things to alter!


This was my first mini album. I love making these. Once I figured out how to make one it goes by so quick. I see tons of albums coming up this year!



This was one of my to alter items so I threw this together after I made my mini envelope album.








This is my post in hope to make it as a final for Graphic 45. I love vintage styles and finally decided this would be a chance to try out for a company that creates vintage looks. I just recently found their papers with the travelogue collection. I cannot wait to get more stuff just waiting for things to get in the store so I can go shopping. I might need a shopper's anonymous after this year. :)

I am thinking of taking over our not used formal dining room. It collects more dust than it sees people. I think in the three years we have owned the table we have sat down at it or used it 3 times.... My baby shower... one big family dinner, and my daughters 2nd birthday last year.

So a couple books selves and some extra desk space :) I think a nice big room will do me justice. It definitely has more real lighting during the day.

Anyways wish me luck I really want to be part of this awesome crew!



7 comments:

Dorte said...

Wonderful selestion of cards and projects, Shanna, thanks for sharing.
hugs Dorte

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow, what a wonderful selection of goodies Shanna. Good luck!

Donna Ellis said...

Shannon, FABULOUS artwork, from the highlights on the little girls' hair, to the beautiful booklets and cards. I'd love seeing you do these things with the SNS products! You are amazing!

Brenda said...

What a nice collection! Love your little album and your coloring is great - no matter the medium!

Jenny said...

Beautiful sample of your work Shanna! Good Luck!

Karin said...

Great projects! Good luck :)

♥Gemma♥ said...

wow what a fabulous set of cards..Good luck too!
hugs and xxx
Gemma