Saturday, July 16, 2016

Add Saltwater


Hello to you all. Shanna here with a little mermaid magic I made for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.

I had this really fun idea. I don't know about you but I remember when I was younger I had these cool things called Sea Monkeys. You just added them to water and they hatched and they had food and it was just really cool. 

So combining sea monkeys for this idea for an art journal page with another favorite, mermaids. I would LOVE to become a mermaid and if only I could just add some salt and water like in the movie Splash. Then bam came the art journal page. 

*Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts provided me with some product to create this project. This post also contains affiliate links. The opinions I share are solely my own.*


So I painted a background with some acrylic paint. Then I gave my mermaids a coat of gesso. While those dried I mixed some color up in the modeling paste and used it with the new stencils.





Letting the paste dry, I sprayed my mermaids with some sprays to give them more life. I used a heat gun to dry them quickly and then I glued them down to my journal and added the words. 



Talk about a fun and quick art journal spread with some awesome chipboard pieces. 



So for you mermaid lovers... just add some water and maybe a sprinkle or bucket of salt. 


Products Used:
Short Seaweed Stencil - Coming Soon
Tall Seaweed Stencil - Coming Soon

No comments: