Thursday, November 15, 2012

Butterflies, Diamonds, and Pearls

If you are here for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog Hop CLICK HERE 

I have two new challenges for you here today. 

 theme this challenge is 

B is for Butterflies

Sponsor this challenge is


So here are my butterflies. I wish I had more butterflies to share. This Magnolia image is one of my favorites. I love it. I was also lucky to still have some My Mind's Eye paper with butterflies left. I also recently purchased some wood butterflies by Maya Art I believe and I painted it white with acrylic paint. I finished the butterfly off with some seam binding ribbon.


I was not to sure about the black cardstock but looking at it, it really makes the card pop.



Next challenge up is 


with a theme this week of

Diamonds and Pearls

Our sponsor this week is



 I used another Magnolia image. I was practicing my yellow/ gold coloring with this image. I really love the colors and how she contrasts from the shabbiness of the rest of the card.


I used some chocolate pearls, big rhinestones, MS lace, cardboard, and come cheesecloth. The papers I believe are from FabnScraps. I really love the shabbiness of them but have yet to break into my shabby side. I swear I have so many projects in my head it is hard to keep them all straight and go for them. I start a lot at the same time because I see something I like and want to try it out!!! 



Well I hope you play with these challenges this week!




Don't forget these either 

Unique Crafter still has a Sugar and Spice challenge going on.



15 comments:

Ellibelle said...

These are both gorgeous Shanna. Beautiful sketches, and I love your coloring!

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Shanna, gorgeous butterfly card, brilliant colouring,

Liz x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Tildas, Tilda with Butterfly is one of my favourites, so sweet
Hugs julie P

Diane Louise J said...

Gorgeous cards and pretty ribbon and butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Ribbon/Twine Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again very soon. We have a DT call running at the moment, pop back to FF for more details.
Hugs Diane xx

Julie Z said...

The first card is my favorite....and yes the black cs really makes the colors pop! Very cute card!

Unknown said...

Hi Shanna, two beautiful cards -your colouring is wonderful and you have a great eye for colour combos!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Creations by Shirl said...

Great on both cards! Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenge.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are so super cute!!!!

Lin said...

Wow Shanna, two real beauties. I absolutely agree about the first card, the black really makes it smack you in the face! In a nice way I mean, lol. Beautifully coloured, great backing papers and layout.

Love too the second card, the softer more subtle tones and the bits of torn cardboard and guaze.

Both gorgeous

Lin xx

April said...

Oooh, I love these sweet cards! The black sure did help the first card pop. Great job!

Kraftylittlebox said...

Lovely cards :) I think my favourite is the first one with the black card, it looks fab and you're right it really does make it pop! Thanks for joining us at penny's,
Hugs Klair x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

These are all gorgeous shanna!!! what beautiful worka nd i love your colouring :) Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog! xx

Laura Love said...

Wow! These are both so adorable! I love the black cardstock on the first one. It really makes those rich colors pop! I also adore the shabby look on your second card. I love that look but it really challenges me. Gorgeous job :)

mags said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

RoseC said...

Shanna, your sweet Tilda looks fabulous on this pretty yellow card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Untraditional Christmas Colors" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose