Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Great Impressions Blog Hop with Ribbon Carousel

Welcome welcome welcome!!!! I am so excited to have you here today for our hop with

The Ribbon Carousel

Who in the world doesn't love ribbon and trim???? Who?????

Well grab a drink and snack and come along for a fun hop. If you are coming into this hop randomly why not start at the beginning so you can leave comments for your chance to win some fun prizes. If you do not have time the to hop today the hop is going on until Friday, November 30 at 11:59 pm EST.


I had so much fun with this card. I used a few different products to create this.

I used Peeled Paint distress ink, Goosebumps spray, cherry twine, scalloped circle die, snowflake charm, and then Fire Brick Red distress ink to use my Great Impressions Stamp: Merry Christmas (C409). I used this satin white ribbon to make the wreath, the cherry twine to tie on my snowflake, I used two different ribbons to create a little background border.

You can find this card for sale at my Etsy Store.

I used this tutorial here to learn how to make the ribbon wreath.

Now don't forget to leave comments for your chance to win some awesome prizes. The hop will run through to Friday, November 30 at 11:59 pm EST. Winners will be announced Saturday


On a personal note my son is such a wonderful addition. I really love when he tries to eat my face. I know it sounds crazy. If your a cuddle mommy and your have your baby close to your face... they wobble everywhere no matter how you hold them, but Avery loves to give me open mouth " I want to eat your face mommy" kisses.


This is him 2 days old!

Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
SSS - Anything Goes

Follow Me on Pinterest


35 comments:

Jenny said...

Yikes!! Your ribbon wreath is amazing Shanna!! Almost as beautiful as your new little bundle! xo

Brenda said...

Nothing can eclipse that sweet baby boy!!! But your ribbon wreath is fabulous.

TinaGAle said...

what a great idea with the ribbon wreath. I miss those face kisses!

Mary Marsh said...

avery is the showstopper today Shanna-but I have to say that I do love the ribbon wreath you created-such a creative idea

kbrandy4 said...

Oh Wow!! How stunning is that ribbon wreath and your baby is so adorable!!
Hugs Hazel xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful son!!! Your card is wonderful, love every single thing about it!!!!

jan farnworth said...

sweet baby pick and your card is stunning.

ribenaruby said...

Stunning card using so much fab ribbon! Congratulations, wonderful baby pic. Ruby x

Jak Heath said...

firstly congratulations your son is a real peach. love your card and the clever use of ribbon

Kathy Bradley said...

What a beautiful wreath and that ribbon is awesome!! On another note - your baby is gorgeous!

Lucy E. said...

Pretty card! Love that wreath!

Miriam Prantner said...

What an adorable little one! Hope you are getting some rest, and I love the wreath on your card!

Maria said...

beautiful card

Angela said...

That is a beautiful picture of Avery...there is something Heavenly about baby's swaddled in white, isn't there?

Funny thing, I almost made a ribbon wreath, too! Lucky for me tags were calling. Love the white wreath, Shanna!

Debi said...

Gorgeous baby picture.
But I guess we are supposed to comment on the lovely card. I really like the ribbon wreath. Thanks so much for providing the link so I can give it a try.

Lynn said...

The ribbon wreath is so creative. Great photo of your babe too.

Sue D said...

Love how you made the wreath!

Sue from Oregon said...

Your card is oh so fun, but really only had eyes for little Ave!

Very clever ribbon wreath Mama!

April said...

What a lovely wreath! Great card. Your son is so sweet!

Anne Temple said...

He looks like a little angel! Love your card and that ribbon wreath is gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial link.

Amy Martin said...

wonderful card. I love how you did that with the ribbon. You are so clever.

Denise Bryant said...

Great card! Love the ribbon wreath! And a darling baby!!!
DeniseB

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanna, I love the wreath you've used, never seen anything like it before. I have to say your son is absolutely beautiful! He's adorable! Congrats, love from Karen brass xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing the tutorial link, it's very cool and I want to give this a try.

Congratulations, too, on your sweet bundle of joy.

Mary K said...

Your son is so beautiful--what a true blessing he is! So how do you have time to create such a beautiful card besides? Love that braiding...so wonderful!

Unknown said...

WOW that is a fabulous ribbon wreath, so unique!

Erin said...

Your ribbon wreath is AMAZING! I love it! It really makes your card special. And your new little boy is darling... enjoy the cuddling!

KristiDaroci said...

what a gorgeous wreath

Barb Thompson said...

Just love that wreath made out of ribbon! and all the other ribbon added especially that red and white twine.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Beautiful idea of using these ribbons this way! Brilliant!
jordanbev5@yahoo.com

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is fabulous. Thank you for sharing over at Creative Card Crew this fortnight and hope you join us again
Elaine aka Ellapu

Chris Dring said...

Love your ribbon wreath! I just posted my entry for SSS, and as I'm checking out the entries, I see you made a ribbon wreath also! LOL! GMTA! Your son is absolutely adorable!

Deanette said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

coops said...

so beautiful.your ribbon wreath is fantastic and i love your soft colours.
thanks for joining us this week at the Crafts and Me challenge :D

xx coopsx x

cheiron said...

Great ribbon wreath and congrats on your little one..just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the SImon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!