Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blue and Frosty

If you are looking for THE PIXIE COTTAGE HOP please scroll down!


Good morning everyone. Sorry I am a bit behind. Those who follow me know I have had a rough few last weeks with my daughter being sick, smashing her thumb, sick again, fiance sick....Now I am sick it only took three weeks to hit me. So I am a little sluggish and not all there thanks to my handy medicine.

So without further delay lets get started with my TWO challenges today!


The first challenge of the day is



Our sponsor for this challenge is one of my favorites...




Colour Create 
is the second challenge of the day and the last challenge for Colour Create of the year and we are going out with a bang of colors before we start our challenges for next year

"Blue, Silver, White plus embossing"

Our Sponsor is a wonderful scrapbook store and home of the Pixie Cottage Stamps

I am using the new Ice Skating Tilda from the newest Christmas collection of Magnolia's. I love blue a lot so this challenge was right up my alley until.... I could not find a blue in my collection to match my coloring of her outfit.   I wanted to keep her simple and not go too over board.

I love my Amy R sentiment stamps and hope to get the new Valentine one's soon very soon.


I used a Prima flower for the center and my roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I thought I was crazy for buying blue roses and that I would never use them....but I found them a good home. I also used my Memory Box die again but I cut it up and used it to branch out from my flowers.


 I did a heat emboss on the sentiment in Sparkle n Sprinkles white detail ep. I also embossed the silver paper in the background. I used a lot of picket fence crackle paint on my card. Like everywhere. Even my flowers. I think I really like it on my flowers.


I love my maggies and she is a cutie. She is perfect for practicing folds and fur!


I know it is hard to see, but I used a silver smooch spritz to my blue cardstock to tone it down a bit . I used another Amy R sentiment on the inside making a pop up ribbon banner on the inside.


-4 Crafty Chicks - Christmas Card

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I love all the blues!! Your flower embellie is marvelous too!! Hope you feel better soon....bummer to be sick before the holidays.

Sabrina said...

Shanna, I agree; the crackle paint on the flower looks great! A wonderuflly wintery looking card and a very nice sentiment. hugs ;) Sabrina

Tamie said...

I hope you feel better real soon! Hugs. NOw onto your gorgeous card made of blue hues. LOVE IT! The layout, image and all of the little details are stunning. Sure glad you shared your creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Great inspiration and well I think I might have to learn to use some crackle paint.

Julie said...

Shanna - this is so beautiful! Your use of the colours is perfect and such a wonderful design! Juliexx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Shanna. Love the sweet image and the blue colors. The flower embellishments and the white paint look great! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week! :o)

Christine said...

This is beautiful, Shanna! Sorry to hear you're sick :( Get well soon!!!

Lori Turner said...

Wow, your card is beautiful! Tilda looks amazing in blue! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

Pauline said...

A beautiful shimmery card, such a sweet image too! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Gorgeous card Shanna and such a cute image x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Kerry Steger said...

This card is lovely Shanna! I love your colouring and you have really captured the wintery feel with all your finishing touches!
Kerry
xo

Oscar said...

Beautiful card, that ice skating Tilda image is so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.