Sunday, January 1, 2012

G is for Green

We have a new challenge over at 

Our theme for the first day of the new year is

"G is for Go Green"

You can use the color green or do some recycling



We also have 2 wonderful sponsors for this challenge 






So for my challenge I decide to do both. I won a challenge not too long ago and won some fun digis and I thought this one was perfect to use since I have to be careful as I am borderline at being a type 2 diabetic. I tell ya I am ready to have a better year for my health. So I used an image that has chocolate. My printer broke right after I printed this so I was not able to print the sentiment out in time. I wanted her hair to look gray not black just in case anyone is thinking her black hair is not so black.


I used both the color green and I recycled. I used a MFT die on a coffee collar from one of my many Starbucks cups. MMMM Starbucks for me today later I think yes! I will be having a early lunch dinner of black-eyed peas and collard greens... I hope they taste good. I come from a family of real southern cooking so it shall be interesting considering I am not big on eating the food my fiances family fixes... I am a fresh kind of girl and rarely eat from boxes. I eat cereal from a box and that is about it. Pancakes are made from scratch... biscuits I have several recipes for as my fiance loved biscuits and gravy. I like a light breakfast like yogurt and fruit, a smoothie, or maybe tea and toast. I love oatmeal with dried fruit mmmm Starbucks oatmeal is delicious just not worth $3. McDonalds is good to but I am not sure it is 100% healthy. 



Well back to my card. She is colored in copics and I used some scrap seam binding ribbon, and I recycled my coffee collar for the scallop border. I painted it with picket fence crackle paint to add more to the card.


I do not have any challenges to enter it into ad most challenges are on break still. I did use a sketch from 

Papertake Weekly Sketch

If you get a chance stop by and see what other awesome creations the team made!

No comments: